Dedham Pottery was founded in 1896, in Dedham, Massachusetts, by the Robertson family.
Alexander W. Robertson started a pottery in Chelsea, Massachusetts, in 1866. In 1868, his brother Hugh Cornwall Robertson joined the pottery and they were known as A.W. & H.C. Robertson. They changed the name again to Chelsea Keramic Art Works in 1872, after their father, James Robertson, joined the company. In 1889, they closed down but Hugh Robertson reorganized the company as the Chelsea Pottery U.S. in 1891. In 1896, they moved their business to Dedham, Massachusetts, under the name Dedham Pottery. It was operated by Hugh’s son and grandson until the business closed down in 1943.
They made crackled dishware with blue outlines of animals, flowers and other nature designs, with the rabbit design being the most popular.
Dedham Pottery Marks
Chelsea Keramic Art Works Robertson and Sons – 1874 – 1880
CKAW – 1875 – 1889
CPUS – 1891 – 1895
Picture of a rabbit – 1894 – 1896
Dedham Pottery with picture of rabbit – 1896 – 1928
Blue rabbit with the words “reg. stamp” – 1929 – 1943
Dedham Pottery Patterns
Rabbit (most popular)
Popular Dedham Pottery
Dedham Pottery Value, Price Guide
Mid $ – Mid $,$$$