Stangl Pottery was founded in 1929, in Flemington, New Jersey, by Martin Stangl. It was first known as Fulper Pottery, who Stangl started working for in 1910. He left to work for Haegar Pottery in 1915 but came back to Fulper in 1920. By 1924, he was vice president of the company. In 1926, he became president of the company. In 1928, William Fulper died, and Stangl changed the company name to Stangl Pottery a year later, in 1929. In 1942, Stangl started to produce hand-carved, hand-painted dinnerware which became very popular.
Stangl Pottery produced many items including dinnerware, artware and were well known for their line of ceramic bird figurines.
Martin Stangl died in 1972 and the pottery was bought by Frank Wheaton, Jr. In 1978, Pfaltzgraff bought the Stangl trademark and liquidated the remaining inventory.
Stangl Pottery Marks
Single bird figurines have a number
Figurines with two birds have a number followed by the letter D (D meaning double)
Stangl Pottery Patterns
Popular Stangl Pottery
Stangl Pottery Value, Price Guide
Mid $ – Mid $,$$$