Blenko Glass Company was founded in 1930, in Milton, West Virginia, by William John Blenko. They produced tableware, hand-blown art glass, vases, and much more. The pieces were usually handmade and in solid colors.
In 1923, William’s son, William H. Blenko joined the company. During the Great Depression, they survived by making stained glass and hand-blown stemware. They were first known as The Eureka Glass Company in 1921, but changed their name to Blenko in 1930.
In 1933, they became the exclusive manufacturer for a line of reproduction tableware and stemware for Colonial Williamsburg.
Through the years, they hired creative designers that kept the company innovative. In the mid 1940’s, Winslow Anderson became chief designer, introducing indented vases and flat-bottom decanters. Wayne Husted worked for the company from 1953 – 1963, introducing portrait vases and Spool decanters, some as high as three feet tall. In the 1960’s, they hired Joel Philip Myers, a glass artist who helped found the Studio Glass movement.
Blenko is still in business today making decorative items and stained glass.
Blenko Glass Marks
BLENKO HANDCRAFT – foil label (1930’s – 1982)
Blenko Joel Philip Myers – on the bottom of products made for Gump’s in 1964
Wayne Husted logo (1958 – 1961)
Blenko Glass Patterns, Designs
Heavy Swedish Type Vases
Popular Blenko Glass
Decanters – glass decanter, spool decanter, wedge-cut decanter
Pitchers – glass pitcher, water pitcher
Vases – glass vase, portrait vase
Blenko Artists And Designers
Carl Ebert Erickson
Blenko Glass Value, Price Guide
High $ – Mid $$$