Franciscan pottery was founded in 1875 in Glendale, Los Angeles, California by Gladding, McBean and Company. The company made dinnerware, floor tile, sewer pipes and art pottery.
Some of the best selling dinnerware patterns included Apple, Coronado, Desert Rose and El Patio.
In 1936, they changed their name from Franciscan Pottery to Franciscan Ware. In 1941, they introduced the Desert Rose pattern, which was the most popular dinnerware pattern ever in the United States. In 1963, they became the Interpace Corporation and was purchased by Josiah Wedgwood & Sons in 1979. American production stopped in 1984 when the plant was closed.
Franciscan Pottery Marks
Franciscan Pottery Patterns, Lines
Desert Rose (1941)
Popular Franciscan Pottery
Dinnerware – china set, coffee pot, cookie jar, milk pitcher, platter, salt and pepper shakers
Franciscan Pottery Value, Price Guide
Mid $ – Mid $,$$$