McKee Glass was founded in 1834, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, by the McKee Brothers. They also went under the names J. & F. McKee, Bryce, McKee & Company, McKee and Brothers, National Glass Company and McKee Glass Company. Five brothers were involved in the company with James and Samuel involved in other McKee factories as well. They produced window glass, bottles, Depression glass, milk glass, kitchenware and much more.
In the 1850’s, they opened up a factory in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, producing flint and pressed glass. In 1888, they moved the factory to Jeanette, Pennsylvania, and within a year, combined with the National Glass Company. In 1903, they reorganized as the McKee Glass Company. They produced milk glass, pressed glass and window glass. In 1917, they made glass headlight lenses for Dodge. In 1951, they were sold and became the McKee Division of the Thatcher Glass Manufacturing Company.
They were later acquired by the Jeannette Glass Company and finally closed down for good in 1983.
McKee Glass Marks
S.McKee & Co
McKee Glass Patterns, Designs
Popular McKee Glass
McKee Glass Value, Price Guide
High $ – Mid $$$