Westmoreland Glass Company was founded in 1890, in Grapeville, Pennsylvania, by Charles West and George West. They produced colored glass, slag glass, pressed glass and were best known for their milk glass
The company was sold in the 1920’s to Ira Brainard and his brother. They changed the name to Westmoreland Specialty Company and started to produce milk glass which accounted for over 90% of the items produced between the 1920’s and 1950’s. Later the name was changed to Westmoreland Glass Company.
In 1981, David Grossman purchased the company, but it struggled as milk glass wasn’t selling like it used to. Westmoreland glass closed down in 1984 but some companies still use their molds.
Westmoreland Glass Marks
The letter W inside a vase
Westmoreland Glass with the words Hand Made inside a vase
Westmoreland Glass Patterns, Designs
Hen On Nest
Popular Westmoreland Glass
Westmoreland Glass Value, Price Guide
High $ – Mid $$$